27.1 C
Krabi
Saturday, July 20, 2024

Buy now

Laem Chabang Port Phase 3 Progress Update

The Port Authority of Thailand (PAT) has provided an update on the progress of the Laem Chabang Port Phase 3 project, highlighting ongoing efforts and future plans. The project, a significant component of the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) development plan, aims to enhance Thailand’s infrastructure and economic capabilities.

Currently, the PAT is accelerating infrastructure work, land reclamation, and the development of utility systems. The CNNC joint venture is on track to complete the land reclamation phase by June. Following this, the stability of the reclaimed land will be thoroughly inspected before it is handed over to the GPC joint venture. The GPC joint venture will then proceed with the construction of the F1 terminal, which is projected to be completed by 2025, with the entire project slated for completion by 2026.

China Harbour Engineering Co., Ltd. has been awarded the contract for infrastructure components such as buildings, berths, roads, and utilities. However, the contract signing is pending due to an appeal process. In addition, the PAT is preparing to open bids for two further public investment sections valued at over 3 billion baht. These sections include railway construction and the procurement, assembly, and installation of cargo handling equipment.

The Laem Chabang Port Phase 3 project is a public-private partnership with a total project value of approximately 114 billion baht. The PAT is responsible for 47% of the investment, while the private sector covers the remaining 53%. The project, which spans a 35-year concession period, aims to significantly boost the port’s container capacity from 11 million TEUs per year to 18 million TEUs per year.

Furthermore, the project intends to increase the proportion of rail transport from the current 7% to 30% and enhance vehicle handling capacity from 2 million units per year to 3 million units per year. These improvements are expected to reduce transportation costs from 14% of GDP to 12% of GDP, resulting in savings of approximately 250 billion baht. Ultimately, these developments will position Laem Chabang Port as a key gateway for trade and investment.

The announcement was attended by several officials and stakeholders, underscoring the project’s significance to the nation’s economic future.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

627FansLike
4,895FollowersFollow
543SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles